Bikes and mountain bikes in Valdaora
Bicycle tours through the Dolomites
Ride along in peace, breathe in the pure mountain air and take the time to admire the marvellous sights of nature you will encounter along the cycle track: wildflower meadows, cows grazing in the tranquil pastures, fruit trees laden with shiny red apples.
This is what can be enjoyed along more than 1,200 km of cycle tracks and mountain bike routes in the holiday area of Plan de Corones and, if you wish, many challenges to face, for example, doing the tour of the passes and sending your endorphin levels soaring down the very steep descents.
The Dolomiten Wellness Residenz Mirabell
offers its guests the use of bicycles and helmets free of charge.
With our mountain bikes and cross country bikes
, you can explore the territory of Val Pusteria and cycle tracks, mountain bike trails or along dirt tracks.
Mirabell's recommendations for your tours
We are happy to recommend itineraries for bicycles and mountain bikes in the Dolomites:
- What do say, for example, to a beautiful, relaxing bicycle tour through the sunny valley of Valdaora, passing through Brunico en route to Rio di Pusteria? The point of departure for bicycle tours through Val Pusteria is the Mirabell in Valdaora. From here, you can ride through fields and meadows in flower, through shaded woods and mysterious tunnels carved in the rock and reach the historic centre of Brunico. Still on the saddle of your bike, continue along a more or less flat cycle track along the river Rienza, Near to Casteldarne of Vandoies, you will find many niches in te countryside that are perfect for a pleasurable picnic. Then carry on cycling until you reach Rio Pusteria with its narrow, inviting alleyways for walks and shopping. If you wish, at the Chiusa di Rio di Pusteria, you can visit the medieval customes office. At the end of the day, or when it best suits you, you can take the train back to Valdaora.
- Or would rather undertake a more challenging mountain bicycle tour along Val Pusteria to lake Braies? In seven hours, the route will take you from Monguelfo through Val Fojadöra to Lake Braies and back. The tour attracts many mountain bike fans and all the effort is rewarded by the view of Lake Braies, its surface reflecting the idyllic mountains that surround it.
- Cyclists who are less keen on riding uphill can reach the peak carrying their bikes with them in cable cars and enjoy the panorama during the trip.
- The biggest mountain bike event in the region, the South Tyrolean Dolomites Superbike, takes place in July every year only 10 km from the Mirabell.
- For further suggestions and information on adventurous tours on mountain bikes and tourist bikes in Valdaora and throughout Val Pusteria, contact us directly.
Wellness after the bicycle tour